Who we are
Youth Act Center is a non-profit organization (NGO), based in Tirana – Albania, founded and legally registered on July 2013, in which aims to empower youth from the age of 14 to 30 to take an active role in their lives, family and society. The Center’s vision is empowering the youth as the “engine” of the country development and the mission is to support the five I’s: Youth Initiative, Youth Integration, Youth Involvement, Youth Inspiration and Youth Interconnection.
The Center is led by young people for young people. Youth Act provides a center to support individuals, organizations and initiatives that focus on young Albanian.
Its vision is empowering the youth as the engine of the country development and the mission is to support the five I’s in all the above mentioned sectors:
- Youth Initiative
- Youth Integration
- Youth Involvement
- Youth Inspiration
- Youth Interconnection
Youth Act Center is guided by creativity, prosperity, entrepreneurship and integrity, and it is focused on seven main areas:
- Art and Sport;
- Citizen and Democracy;
- Education and Training;
- Career and Employment;
- Environment and Multimedia.
Some of its objectives are:
– Educating young people with their rights and human rights;
– Career Counseling and guidance of young people in employment according to market requirements;
– Promotion of voluntary initiatives to help the community and the cultivation of human feeling;
Youth Act Center has the license to administrate the European Youth Card in Albania as a member of EYCA (European Youth Card Association based in Brussels. To make sure the right priorities in short term and long term, the Center share a survey on important issues that affects young people, in particular the one with fewer opportunities, social, cultural and economic disadvantages.
Youth Act is also a member of European Youth Information and Consulting Agencies (ERYICA) based in Luxembourg and thanks to this tool the Center tries to promote mobility of youth in Europe. YAC has signed a cooperation agreement with the Ministry of Youth and Social Welfare to support the Youth Centre Act in its membership and in the management of EYCA the European Youth Card.
Youth Act Center is accredited to run projects under European Voluntary Service, part of the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme, as a Hosting, Receiving and Coordinating organization, the code of accreditation is 2016-1-SI02-KA110-013456. SO.RO.CO. YAC is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
- Geographical obstacles
- Social obstacles
- Economic obstacles
Partners & our supporters:
- Ministry of Youth and Social Welfare (From November 2014 Act Youth Centre has signed cooperation agreements with the Ministry of Youth and Social Welfare, as well as strengthening institutional partner for the card)
- Marin Barleti- Privat University
- Municipality of Berat
- Community School– IASDA
- EYCA (European Youth Card Association)
- ERYICA (Youth Act Center is a member of the Organization European Youth Information and Counseling Agency), founded in 1986, headquartered in Luxembourg.
- International Youth Peace Group